Monday, September 24, 2012

Episode 1463: TV Premiere Season Is Officially Upon Us!

So premiere season is upon all of us who follow American television. There've already been a couple of early entries, mostly NBC desperately trying to get a leg up on the competition, and Fox's The Mob Doctor, whose ratings were ironically dead on arrival. The season premiere that's surprised me most so far though has been the Season 3 premiere of Syfy's Haven. Now among all of the Syfy shows that I follow, Haven has always been a ho-hum affair for me. I like the show mythology, I like the characters, but it's not something I would describe to other TV addicts as must-watch. On Syfy alone, I would put Sanctuary and Warehouse 13 above it, possibly Alphas and the American remake of Being Human too. With this newest episode though, Haven might just have leapfrogged a few places in my ranking order. It's like the show has been subtly refreshed in the year it's been away, and the character dynamics are finally starting to advance. Even the opening credits look better. We'll see if the show sustains its momentum next week, but I have a good feeling about it.

No comments: