Sunday, September 30, 2012

Episode 1469: A Pond Farewell

Even though it's been no secret that the Ponds are exiting Doctor Who, it was still bittersweet to see how their characters' arc as companions came to an end this week. I did think the storyline was a little rushed, but this didn't necessarily detract from the emotional punch the episode delivered. Was interesting to see the Weeping Angels return, and they're definitely among the creepiest creatures that the show has featured. I'll miss Amy and Rory, but I like how final their exit was, and I really hope the show lets it stick, rather than inserting a plot device to bring them back for a cameo at some later date, which is what has happened with other companions in the past. Have also finally started reading another book that I need to review, although I've yet to write the review of Joy. Planning to do that tomorrow. Have been reading somoe comics as well, using the Madefire app for the iPad. These comics have been designed expressly for the iPad, and it's quite an interestingly immersive reading experience, especially with the sound effects and atmospheric music. The currently available titles are all free, but I have no idea if that's just because they're mostly first issues, intended as tasters. I really hope not, though I suppose I wouldn't be averse to paying for subsequent issues if the prices were within reason.

No comments: