Thursday, September 20, 2012

Episode 1459: Code Of Law

Almost done with Joy, which is just as well, as I've got a couple of reviews coming up that have fixed deadlines, so I need to start reading those books. You know, just in time for when the 2012/13 TV season swings into full premiere mode next week. (Also, I've only just watched the second episode of The L.A. Complex that was aired this week, and boy, I still cannot believe how unsubtle they're being with their digs at Scientology and getting away with it.) Speaking of new shows, Mediacorp have made a spinoff of The Pupil called Code Of Law. I like to refer to the former as 'that show where practically everyone spoke unrealistically good English'. (Not that I disapproved of this, mind you.) The spinoff centres on Keagan Kang's criminal lawyer character, who left the firm at the end of Season 2 of The Pupil (which I really want them to make a third season of), with the addition of Joanne Peh (because the pool of local actors who don't sound really uncomfortable when speaking English is kind of limited) as a senior associate at his new firm. First episode was kind of ho-hum, mainly because I couldn't see how the police and lawyer sides of the show meshed, so it was like watching two halves of different shows squished into the same hour. I'll stick with it for a couple of weeks more, I guess, but I really hope it gets a lot better very soon.

No comments: