Sunday, September 23, 2012

Episode 1462: BTPC Visit

Visited Shirley's church today to listen to Christopher Ash preach. I really enjoyed his sermon, which was concise, direct and structured, proving that Biblical exposition is a skill that can be developed like any other. Originally intended to go to BooksActually after lunch, but the weather was just too hot to do anything, so I went home instead and bought myself a Starbucks frappucino in an attempt to cool off. Hasn't really worked though, as this is shaping up to be one of those unbearably muggy days that you can only get in a tropical climate. Would like nothing better right now than to just switch on the air-conditioning and go right to bed, that's how awful the weather is. It genuinely is the one thing about Singapore that I could absolutely do without, if I'm being totally frank. Of course, this also means it's too hot to concentrate on reading a book, as I've been sapped of all my energy, which is frustrating because of how close I am to finishing Joy. It's also going to be a dreary slog writing reviews if the weather stays like this, so here's hoping we get a good tropical thunderstorm tomorrow.

No comments: