Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Episode 1450: Andy Murray, What A Legend!

So Murray actually did it, and he's definitely British now. First British player since 1977, and first British man since 1936, to win a Grand Slam singles tournament. I have to say, I wasn't sure if it was going to happen, when he lost the third and fourth sets to Djokovic. Then in the fifth set, it was like something clicked for Murray and he went on to make history. I like watching Murray play, the way he battles for the points (there were some pretty cool rallies in this match), and looks so, well, stoic. In more mundane news, I'm almost done with packing. It looks like my earlier claim that I had less stuff to ship back this year was completely unfounded, as I've just assembled an eight box to fill. It's mostly because I've finally admitted to myself that realistically, there's still some way to go before I am no longer at risk of ridiculously overweight luggage on Friday. The driver is apparently coming to pick the boxes up at any time from 7.30-8.30 am, which I am not amused by. Currently contemplating if there's even any point going to bed, if I'm not going to be able to have a lie-in...

No comments: