Monday, August 17, 2009

Episode 329: The Importance Of Being ???

Tentatively, that's the title of the new script that Bella, Yee Hung and I came up with during our lengthy MSN conversation. Was supposed to be a face-to-face one at Northpoint, but Bella had a fever, so we did everything online instead at my suggestion. Nearly got on the bus before I received her SMS about being sick! Anyway, I'm to produce a synopsis by Wednesday for dissemination to the rest of the team, after which the script will actually be written. This time, we're going to work smart and specifically state where songs are needed and what content they should cover, so that we don't have to deal with complaints that there isn't enough characterisation and depth. Plus it's a musical anyway, surely the songs are meant to be as important as (if not more so than) the spoken dialogue! That's something we kind of seemed to have forgotten in the process of hammering out the previous script. Hopefully, things'll go more smoothly this time. In other news, I've also finally finished the fourth unit of my Spanish course! Now to get on with the remaining eight before the end of the month, which I still think is entirely possible, even if the course as a whole hasn't been as useful as I thought it would be.

No comments: