Sunday, August 23, 2009

Episode 335: New Spectacles!

Dad had a pair of free lenses thanks to some promotion, so I've gone and made myself a new pair of Ted Baker glasses. Am quite pleased with my choice, and it's quite different from the pair I'm currently sporting anyway, so it's just one more thing I can play around with when putting together an outfit. (Yes, I've always wanted to be able to match my glasses to what I'm wearing. Vanity strikes!) Finished reading A*hole, but it still didn't make sense even when I'd got to the end, by which I mean that the whole thing didn't quite add up to something coherent for me. Perhaps it doesn't have to, but it still bothers me that it doesn't. Lunch today was a very drawn-out affair, and we had a bilingual service in a restaurant as part of COGS's 50th anniversary celebration. In my dad's car on the way there, it struck me again that Singapore really does present very different faces, depending on where you are in this city-state. This area of the east that we were in, around Paya Lebar and Geylang, really looks like it was caught in a time warp. Imagine how different ION Orchard looked in comparison! That place is architecturally interesting, but since I can't afford almost everything inside, I'm not too bothered about seeing the rest of it. Was only there so Natalie could buy her iTouch anyway.

No comments: