Monday, September 14, 2009

Episode 357: I Need More Time!

I know I'm a bit late, but I finally viewed the infamous interview with Ris Low on YouTube, and while I'm not surprised that people with her (lack of) speaking skills exist in Singapore, I wonder if they have any idea how dumb they sound. I suspect she did at least, given the way she occasionally glanced in the direction of the person doing the recording. That, or she was just making sure the camera was still pointed at her to capture each last humiliating broken sentence. Anyway, it's starting to look like I still won't be able to finish the Italian course. I kind of don't like Spanish that much, to be honest, so am somewhat wishing that I'd started on the Italian course instead. Oh well. Feeling quite sanguine about it all. I did manage to finish reading Sleep, Pale Sister last night, so that's an achievement. I'm going to re-read Chocolat very quickly, but before that, I'm going to finish the three Dexter Morgan novels that are sitting glossily on my shelf. Then it's back to the Joanne Harris novels. I've still got so many books I want to read before I fly back! Urgh...

No comments: