Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Episode 344: New Shoes!

At Claudia's suggestion, we had dinner at Shahi Maharani, which I've only been to once previously, which was Mediacorp was filming an episode of Maggi & Me there, and they were waiting for us to vacate our table because they wanted to use it. That's about as close as I've ever been to a local celebrity. Paid visits to Aldo, Beetle Bug and Pedro, by myself before dinner and with Claudia, Derrick, Eugene and Thong after. It would seem that my taste in shoes is universally regarded as non-existent. Whatever! None of the cheap shoes that I thought of buying were available in my size, so I ended up buying something from Aldo that was still discounted, just not as steeply. Eugene said it was very 'skater', but I disagree. In any case, I've long since stopped seriously taking into consideration his opinion on any aspect of my sartorial sense, since our tastes are largely divergent. I am pleased that I've managed to find something that I like though, which is also practical for the predominant weather patterns of the UK. It didn't even cost me more than $100 this time. I was mildly surprised to see the same shoes in Pedro as last year, but I figured they were trying to clear old stock, since those shoes were 'New Arrivals' when I was there in 2008.

No comments: