Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Episode 366: One Year On...

So this blog's been online for a year, chronicling the ups and downs of my life as a fresher. As if to bring things full circle as I step into my second year, I went back to facilitating for High Achievers this afternoon. My first and last assignment for 2009. Ah, roasting in that familiar black jacket. As usual, I typed out the FR on my trusty N95 on the bus back home. Then I headed off for dinner in town with Jerrick and Jin. In between, I managed to pick up those Joost Elffers books by Robert Greene that I've been meaning to get, although judging by their hefty weight, I might not be able to take them to the UK with me. Not this time anyway. In all likelihood, I'm already bringing over too much anyway. We had dinner at an Indonesian restaurant in Paragon, where they had this intriguing puréed avocado dessert. Am now watching the latest episodes of Gossip Girl and Melrose Place, back to back. Talk about mindless TV. On a side note, I can't believe my parents don't approve of my heading off to New York by myself for Easter. They think the city's too dangerous, but well, no more dangerous than London. It's not like I'm going to stay in the slums...

No comments: