Thursday, September 17, 2009

Episode 360: First Hangover Ever...

Left Zouk early because I was way past my alcohol intake limit. That's what I get for finishing one jug of Long Island iced tea by myself. So I woke up this morning with my first hangover, albeit a rather mild one, given that it's been less than six hours since I woke up and I feel more or less normal again. Anyway, I've just seen the premiere for The Beautiful Life, which while reasonably watchable, indicates that The CW's current formula seems to be to throw a bunch of generically beautiful people at a concept and hope they stick long enough for the show to become a hit. I like The Beautiful Life because a couple of actresses from other shows I watch are on it, namely, Ashley Madekwe (Secret Diary Of A Call Girl) and Jaime Murray (Dexter, Valentine). The latter's turn as Lila Tournay on Dexter was most impressive. Elle MacPherson also comes across as a surprisingly natural actress, compared to most of the 20-somethings that Hollywood has been turning out in the past few years. I'm afraid Mischa Barton's voice is weird though...

No comments: