Thursday, February 10, 2011

Episode 871: Science Fiction Needs More TV Love

Wow, it's been a long day. Just got back from band practice in church, and I'm starving. I probably shouldn't eat though. Maybe just some crisps? Making an entire meal seems rather excessive at this time of the night. Didn't get any work done between my seminars in the afternoon, although I'd hoped to have done some reading. Read only a couple of pages! I did get a haircut, though it didn't turn out too well. The hairdresser took off too much length again. Maybe next time, I'll just bring in a picture and tell her to cut my hair in accordance to it! Ah well. It'll grow back soon enough, should look fine in a couple of days. Have just finished my French homework, so now I'm settling back to watch the second episode of Outcasts. I think it's actually shaping up to be quite good. Eric Mabius's character is sufficiently interesting to make up for the writers having killed off Jamie Bamber's in the first episode. A quick browse on the web will reveal that critics are largely savaging the series, but I think it's still heaps better than having to watch stuff like Jersey Shore or The Only Way Is Essex. Why does science fiction not get more love from TV? I think this is a very serious issue. I mean, it's like way cooler than reality programming, isn't it?

No comments: