Friday, February 11, 2011

Episode 872: House Potluck

So incredibly full of food right now. Made a pasta bake for the potluck at our place. It's basically my default dish when I ever have to make food that doesn't involve frozen meat going into the oven. It always turns out okay, and occasions that call for making such dishes are few and far between anyway. Was meant to be on campus at 2 pm to judge another round of auditions for the poetry slam, but embarrassingly, turned up 20 minutes late. Came straight back after that and finally nabbed a copy of Justin Cronin's The Passage from the local library. It's hefty though, don't know if I'll be able to finish it between the plays I need to catch up on for Shakespeare and the next book I need to review, The Difference Engine by William Gibson and Bruce Sterling. It's by no means a new book, but I'm really excited nonetheless because I'm a massive Gibson fan. Nice change too, reviewing fiction, as the last two I've done have been non-fiction. That's pretty much why my editor offered it to me anyway. It's steampunk too, and I've never actually read anything belonging to that genre before. Should be an interesting experience.

No comments: