Thursday, May 05, 2011

Episode 955: National Doughnut Week Starts On My Birthday!

Still haven't started reading the magazines, but that's because I'm sleepy and I need to get up early tomorrow to catch a train to London to vote! Shall finish my French homework, read a bit of Barthelme, and then go to bed. Incidentally, I swear there's some devious conspiracy to fatten me up over the course of my birthday weekend. Having laksa presumably after voting, and Ben & Jerry's was going for half-price at Tesco, so I stocked up. Then today, I discovered that National Doughnut Week in the UK begins on my birthday. What is going on here? It's like the universe is conspiring to make me gain weight with all this deliciousness. The doughnuts they're selling the Humanities Café cost 50p, and they are so yummy for how little they cost. I think the lemon ones are definitely my favourite, so it's just as well I only discovered them today while getting a latte to try and stay awake. Just saw the video for 'Judas' by the way, and I must say, I'm a bit surprised Lady Gaga didn't make it more, well, controversial. This remakes the Biblical account, but it's hardly sacrilegious, and if religious fanatics wanted to get offended, the video for 'Alejandro' would provide a lot more fodder. I'm sure it's not going to stop people though...

No comments: