Sunday, May 15, 2011

Episode 965: Revision At Last!

Most interesting thing I learnt from revising French the night before my paper is that if you end a letter off by telling someone to receive your salutations, without any qualifying adjective, it indicates you're upset with them. Ah, the French and their ways of being subtly rude! Have finished going through the vocabulary lists, so I guess this is about as prepared as I'm going to get. I think the only reason I'm revising for tomorrow is because it lets me put off doing anything for Shakespeare just a little bit longer. I suppose it should be fine. Even the letter writing doesn't seem like it's all that difficult anymore. I've totally got the formatting memorised! Still, I don't think I'll be able to fully concentrate on revising anything until this paper is out of the way. With the oral examination next week, at least I can pretend that extra revision won't necessarily help all that much when I have absolutely no idea what the passages are going to look like. Technically, I guess you could make the same argument for the written paper tomorrow though, couldn't you? So I guess I really was revising to procrastinate from tackling weightier stuff like Shakespeare/Middleton. Gosh, that really is a bit pathetic, isn't it?

No comments: