Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Episode 968: Another Lame CW Finale...

Seriously, did The CW just decide to put all the lame finales in this week? Watched the Hellcats one, which was equal parts average and bad. The fact that there was a whole season leading up to competing at nationals, and then they didn't even do that, was just plain silly. All the other plot elements dropped in were setting up a good Season 2 opening at least, so it's a shame it's been cancelled. I bet the show had such low ratings because by and large, its cast was quite homely by the standards of American TV, especially for a bunch of cheerleaders. There were exceptions, of course, but when the other shows on the same network boast almost uniformly attractive people, well, something's got to give. Not quite sure I like the pilots that The CW has chosen to pick up for 2011/12 by the way. Only The Secret Circle seems promising, although I wonder if a show all about witches and only witches will get boring in these times, where any supernatural-themed show seems to demand a smorgasbord of creatures and powers. A bit disappointed Awakening wasn't picked up, just one of the pilots passed over in favour of the Sarah Michelle Gellar vehicle, Ringer. I came to compulsively watching TV too late to get into Buffy The Vampire Slayer, although I'm sure I would have loved it, so I guess the chance to see Gellar in a show should be good. I did so want more zombies on TV though...

No comments: