Sunday, May 29, 2011

Episode 979: Writing Stuff...

More good news. Placed a poem with Heavy Hands Ink, and scanning through the previous issues, I noticed that Maxwell Baumbach and I have similar editorial tastes, having taken poems from around a dozen of the same poets. Definitely a place I'll be looking to submit to again in future, maybe in a couple of months once my PWP has been marked and the poems are free to go up online. I suppose even if they were accepted by magazines now, there wouldn't be any issues with plagiarism accusations since they'd be published and credited to me. It's just easier to avoid any controversy whatsoever though, I suppose. I haven't even put them on my poetry blog. That said, I just entered the whole sequence for a chapbook competition. I figured since the deadline is end of next month, the results will be out long after my grades have been confirmed. It's a 50-copy print run for the winner, who gets 25 copies, the other 25 being sold from the publisher's website. I would be bowled over if I won, although I'm quite proud of my PWP, so it would be a nice way to round off the whole endeavour. Have also been accepted as a reviewer by Drunken Boat, although the specifics of that have yet to be worked out. Looking forward to it though. I like reviewing, and free books are payment enough at present. Also submitted a bunch of poems to the Moving Words competition back in Singapore. So who knows, I might get to see my poem on the MRT one day! That would be pretty wild, right? Ah well, one can dream...

No comments: