Saturday, May 21, 2011

Episode 971: Everyone's Still Here, Yes?

So the Rapture failed to happen. As a friend put it on Facebook, maybe you had to click 'Attending' to get taken? Read most of Women Beware Women in the Library while waiting for band practice in church (ironically scheduled for 6 pm, no less), and finished it off when I got home. Had forgotten the carnage that ensues in the final scene, which still seems to me out of keeping with the tone of the rest of the play. Is it because it's a masque, and so realism gets chucked out the window to some extent? Skimmed an article dealing with this, but I don't think it's going to be particularly relevant to the question I'd like to answer in the examination anyway. I've gone through a couple of articles and books, so I've got about a page of quotes now. Still have some chapters to go through, and four plays to re-read, so I've got my work cut out for me over the next couple of days. Should be okay in the end, I guess, although I'm a little disconcerted at how unfamiliar I am with feminist literary criticism, considering how I'm hoping to write about gender/sex on Wednesday. Ah well. Will just have to make do at this point, won't I?

No comments: