Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Episode 1353: RIP Ray Bradbury

What sad news. I've always liked Bradbury's work, especially his short stories. There's a three-volume scholarly edition of his Collected Stories being prepared by Kent State University Press, so I would like to get that once they're all published. Speaking of books, I (reluctantly) woke up from a nap at 5 pm and went to the Post Room to pick up seven parcels. (Would have left it till tomorrow if my flatmate hadn't got back to his room.) Everything I ordered before leaving for Singapore has arrived, and I'm actually really impressed that nothing got lost in the postal system. Among the books that arrived is a beautiful paperback of Cavafy's Complete Poems, translated by Daniel Mendelsohn. It's a compilation of the hardback editions of Mendelsohn's translations of the Collected Poems and Unfinished Poems. Looking forward to diving into it when I have the time! Now it's time for the Season 3 of Pretty Little Liars, and then back to bed, or maybe I'll read some more of Tucker Max's Sloppy Seconds on my iPad before that. Started reading it during the flight because like I told Shriram the other day on Facebook, there's just something about Tucker Max stuff that makes for great in-flight reading.

No comments: