Monday, June 25, 2012

Episode 1372: Drink To The Deadline!

Helen Mort's a pint for the ghost arrived in the post today. Haven't time to read it yet, but I'm excited to. Have been curious to read more of her work ever since I heard her read a poem at the Marginal Cartographies conference, so it was nice to see that her second pamphlet from tall-lighthouse was still in stock. (Just realised that her first, the shape of every box, is available as used copies from third-party sellers, so I've just ordered that too.) Had drinks today with MA people to celebrate another deadline passing, which is always fun. (The drinking bit, not the deadline itself.) Plenty of banter, basically. Am also starting to think that my goal of two reviews this week might be overly ambitious, given my immense talent for procrastination, but we'll see. I'll try to stick to it. I definitely could do the 20x20 magazine one tomorrow, since it's only 500 words, and I've already read Richard Meier's Misadventure, so I just need to find a few hours in which I can sit down and focus. Beyond that, who knows? Would really like to get back to reviewing a novel, just for a change, but that means actually reading one first, so easier said than done!

No comments: