Friday, June 22, 2012

Episode 1369: Seriously, Library Computer?

So I spent a good part of the day in the Library working. Managed to get all the Merlion e-mails done (yes, I've decided that having them as letters made no sense, since how would my fictional self know where to post them?), and even started adding to one of my short stories (have decided I don't really know yet where to take the other one, so why try fixing something that isn't broken?). So just as I was about to head back to my room from the Library, shortly before midnight, the PC decides to screw me over. For some reason, despite my having saved my work repeatedly over the course of the afternoon, evening and night, the computer somehow failed to actually save the work. A FML moment, if there ever was one. I've finally become the guy who loses his work, and it wasn't even my fault. Going to stay in the Library and try to get everything back down on the page again. So angry right now, but it's too quiet in the Library for some sort of massive, raging meltdown. I'm telling myself that if I can't remember what I wrote, then it clearly wasn't that great to begin with. Scant consolation, but there you go. If I'd been working on my essay instead of my portfolio, I think I'd be way more pissed off.

No comments: