Friday, January 09, 2009

Episode 109: Dinner At Whitefields...

Went down to view the house with Chloe, Michelle and Samantha, but the tenants weren't at home, so we froze for nothing. Well, the girls went to Sainsbury's, so I guess for them that made up for the cold. I headed back to campus for dinner at Whitefields. Caleb's visiting over the weekend, so I brought him along to dinner. Had a lovely time there, just hanging out with everyone, not to mention the impromptu Romanian history lesson that I received. Despite Daniel's dire warnings, I'm sure we all enjoyed our Romanian meal of tochitură and mămăligă! I still insist that the latter, which is cornmeal, reminds me of tapioca, and not lemon sherbet, as Caleb suggested. We all ended up in Maria's room after Jason's yummy bread pudding, listening to Romanian music on YouTube and looking at pictures of the country. The Singaporeans have decided to reciprocate by cooking a Singaporean dinner next Friday, which I will unfortunately not be able to attend, since I'll (hopefully) be living it up at Electric City with The Culture Project people. Am still tweaking the introduction for my essay, but I'm hoping everything'll just fall into place miraculously over Saturday and Sunday. Somehow I have the feeling that I'm not going to get any sleep on Sunday night...

Happy Birthday, Mummy!

No comments: