Friday, January 30, 2009

Episode 130: The Culture Project & Amrit's Birthday Bash

We did it! After weeks of writing and rehearsing, we put up a show that, despite the occasional missed line or two, proved to be very well-received in the end. Was complimented a few times on the script, so I must note that a good deal of the monologues were rewritten from submitted originals by the cast themselves, and other scenes were based off cast improvisations. Most of the punchlines, though, were mine. Haha! I think a good chunk of the audience was probably Singaporean and Malaysian, although I spotted Laura, Luke, Maria and Daniel Hanu in the audience. Thanks for coming! To the rest of my friends who missed out, hopefully Yong Long will have the video recording up soon. I'm just glad we managed to pull it off. So to all the cast and crew, you've all been awesome! After a long day (that featured my favourite Ginsters bacon and egg sandwiches twice), most of the cast and crew headed down to Tocil for Amrit's party. There was plenty to eat and drink, although, my goodness, tequila shots are vile! I think house parties have a different vibe from 'normal' parties, although by the time we left last night, my shoes were still sticky from spilt champagne on the floor, we had been dancing to the usual sort of music, and my face was the usual shade of red. Ended up going back to Claire's room with Bella and Yong Long, where we sat chatting for a couple of hours. Now I'm sleepy, it's past 2 am, and it's time for bed.

No comments: