Monday, January 12, 2009

Episode 112: Rewriting Script

I finished the essay with about an hour or so to spare, which was cutting it pretty close, and I'm not sure that this essay is going to be a First, although I still hope it will be, if only because I thought my argument was pretty sophisticated. More sophisticated than I had thought it would be anyway. I think I'm one of those people who are very good at coming up with catchy phrases, but not very good at actually having original thoughts, at least in an essay context. I always feel like the writers I'm quoting make my point so much more eloquently, so I just keep quoting more and more people, and my essay ends up looking like a patchwork that features everyone except myself. Ah well. Hope for the best! Have not done any of my creative writing, and I'm starting to think that perhaps I'm not much of a fiction person. Haha! I'm totally just making excuses for myself now. Need to finish three pieces for Maureen's seminar on Wednesday morning and one for China's workshop in the evening. For now though, I'm occupied with rewriting the script for The Culture Project. We're now at the third version, and it's a really substantial rewrite. Really want to finish tweaking all five monologues by tonight, but I might have to throw in the towel after just two. Oh well. Considering that I slept a total of three hours last night, I suppose I can be excused...

No comments: