Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Episode 289: School Attachment Day 2

Just finished writing the dialogue for the four scenes that I'm scripting, so that's one piece of work out of the way. Will probably start typing out my report for the project tomorrow, during working hours. Going to be busy the next two weeks with lesson observations and teaching a couple of lessons! That's going to feel, well, kind of weird. Although to be fair, you'd think that at the age of 22, I'd have reconciled myself to the notion that I ought not to be so apprehensive about standing up in front of a classroom of people literally a few years shy of being just half my age, but no, apparently not. The irony is that on some level, I do enjoy interacting with students from neighbourhood schools. That much I've learnt about myself from working at High Achievers. They're somehow just more genuine in their responses. It's just that they can come off as aggressive because they don't mince their words, and because I'm naturally conflict-averse, I don't know how to handle them. Well, I guess it'll be a good learning experience. Randomly, I still can't get over how cheap food in the canteen is! I haven't had food at such prices since I was in primary school. Also, finally finished reading Edwin Thumboo's Still Travelling. This was after reading Bring The Sun, a selection of his earlier work, last week. I didn't really enjoy either, to be perfectly honest. I can't put my finger on it, just didn't. Oh well. There's always Alfian Sa'at.

No comments: