Sunday, July 19, 2009

Episode 300: I've Never Actually Seen A Kaleidoscope

I think I'm starting to get bored of the CSI franchise. Currently, I watch two episodes back-to-back on Sunday afternoons before church, but more often than not, I find myself switching off or not paying full attention to the episodes. I can't say why exactly, although having so many other shows to choose from does play a part. I think the franchise is long overdue for a city addition! I kind of wasn't paying attention to the first half of today's sermon because I was making notes on Daren Shiau's 'Kaleidoscopes' for tomorrow's lesson. I think it's an intriguing poem, perhaps a bit too challenging for lower secondary students, at least in terms of getting them to appreciate the figurative level of the poem. Shall just have to do my best tomorrow! I think I've analysed the poem pretty well, but I know communicating that analysis is going to be an uphill climb. Shirley, I still don't understand why you need so many pages just to plan for a single lesson though. I would just go crazy within a month. Just one more week to freedom for the rest of summer vacation!

No comments: