Thursday, January 07, 2010

Episode 472: I Spent The Whole Day Trying To Write One Poem (And Finally Succeeded)

Have fulfilled my goal of finishing the poem about ice, which naturally ended up as yet another poem about a mildly dysfunctional relationship edging towards open disaster. You could say it's a pet theme of mine. Randomly, today I discovered that KFC does not offer a delivery service in the UK. This upsets me greatly, even though there is a KFC conveniently located along the 12 route between campus and my house. It's just that I've been craving unhealthy, artery-clogging fried chicken since, well, before Christmas, and I have yet to satisfy that craving. It's so upsetting that I'm going to drown my sorrows tomorrow with lunch at NoodleBar. (Yeah, substituting Chinese for KFC doesn't really make sense to me either, but hey, nobody said you had to read this.) Also randomly, did you know Singapore was at one point (i.e. in 1992) the number two market for Fisherman's Friend? I also discovered the word 'mamihlapinatapai' today, which holds the Guinness world record for most succint word. Wikipedia says it describes 'a look shared by two people with each wishing that the other will initiate something that both desire but which neither one wants to start' in the Yagán language of the Tierra del Fuego. Pretty damn impressive, if you ask me.

No comments: