Monday, January 11, 2010

Episode 476: Getting Into The Swing Of Things

Tried to work this afternoon before rehearsal, but all I managed was a piece inspired by Christina Rossetti's 'Goblin Market' that tried to be a sly commentary on the nature of consumerism. Am now trying to make a final push to finish the remaining two of 21, so that I can e-mail the whole damn thing to David Morley at last. I honestly think there are some gems in there, but a lot of it would probably be better off deleted. Graze box arrived, by the way, and because it was late, I've been awarded £1.50 in credit towards a future box's cost. This company has got to have one of the best customer service attitudes I've ever experienced in my life, and just for making me so pleased with them, I might even consider ordering a second weekly box. Healthy snacking! Didn't really have to do that much at rehearsal because we were just working on general blocking, entrances and exits. Started reading The View From The Ground for Jeremy Treglown's class on Friday. I hate to have to admit this, but I'm actually finding it engaging, and I speak as someone who usually has major difficulties reading non-fiction unless it's popular science writing. Will try to finish it while alternating between procrastinating and accumulating words for the 4000-word portfolio due in two weeks.

No comments: