Thursday, January 21, 2010

Episode 486: The Triptych Papers, Part 3

Typed out the last part of the portfolio on my N95 while I was in the Library, and managed to snag a computer on which to type it out. I didn't like the ending though. It felt like a very lame ending, but I just couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. Wasn't going to bother with it until Saturday, but I got Mel to take a look at it and she's helped me to work out what's wrong with it, so I've rewritten it and I'm pretty satisfied now with what the final three-part story looks like. Now all that's left to do is write the commentary, which I'm sneakily transforming into a sort of Part 4 to The Triptych Papers. It's going to spoof the idea of a commentary, so I'm going to get to mention the stuff that influenced me, but I'm going to treat it so earnestly that it'll be patently obvious (I hope!) that I'm not actually being totally serious about it, if that makes any sense. I think it'll be more evident what I mean when I've posted Part 4 to my LJ. Shall probably do it on Saturday evening. It also appears that I can't actually go for the second half of my Archaeology lesson, as I now have more speaking lines in the musical that just came out of nowhere, so I'll have to stay for the entirety of Saturday's rehearsal after all. Now it's clear that deciding to catch Avenue Q tomorrow was a good decision!

No comments: