Monday, July 05, 2010

Episode 651: HQ Attachment Day 1

So I arrived at MOE HQ about half an hour early today, which did not go unnoticed by my new colleagues. It's not that I was crazily eager to arrive at work (although I'm really quite glad to be in Corporate Communications Division), but I was just trying to figure out how long I need to get from my home to Buona Vista. So now I know I can afford to wake up half an hour later! Didn't actually do a lot of work on my first day, and it looks like the first week is mostly going to be taken up with briefings before I actually get around to working on the assigned projects from next week onwards. I have tried my hand at summarising a news item related to education though, which is literally one of the first things that happens in the division every single morning, so it's a good thing that I didn't do too badly for a first attempt, as it's the one thing that appears unfailingly every day on my schedule. Went out for lunch with colleagues and discovered Purple Rose Café, which serves really nice cakes. Then I came back to the office and discovered that Zilu, one of the few people I know who's at Buona Vista for her attachment during Frame A rather than Grange Road or Ghim Moh, is actually in the same office as me, except she's working at the other end of the room in Higher Education Division. Jet lag didn't hit me till about the last hour, but I was struggling to keep my eyes open all the way home!

No comments: