Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Episode 673: HQ Attachment Day 17

So it's finally over. Have sent e-mails out to people in my division, thanking them for making my time in CCD enjoyable. In case you think I was just trying to leave a good impression, I wasn't. I'm genuinely thankful that the people I've been working with for the past couple of weeks have been such an easygoing bunch. I don't know how the other scholars on attachment feel, but I'm actually going to miss going to work. I hate the hours, but it helps to have friendly colleagues. Plus I'm just an intern. Nobody actually needs to be nice to me! I've begun reading Cormac McCarthy's The Road, which I'm meant to be reviewing for Evolve Journal. It's a chilling post-apocalyptic novel, but I'm just having trouble getting into it because of how sleepy I've been. Alfian Sa'at's Collected Plays One is a lot easier to read though. I've never seen any of them being staged, but I'd like to. I'm just a little bit turned off by how insistent the copyright notices are. I mean, the tone was kind of beginning to border on hostile. I appreciate that copyright is serious business, but a reminder at the end of each play that all rights are strictly reserved does feel like overkill to me.

No comments: