Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Episode 674: DPPS Day 1

While I applaud people who actually ask questions during Q&A, I also wish they'd learn that the key thing is to keep your question concise, rather than deliver a long spiel that comes off sounding like 'failed social activism', an off-the-cuff phrase I coined. Anyway, it was good catching up with the other MOE people, some of whom I haven't seen in nearly a year. Food was not bad too. Haha! To be honest, one of the best things about these seminars at CSC is how well we're fed, although sometimes I wonder if the breaks were shorter whether we could just end earlier. Met up with Daniel and Thong for dinner after that at Shin Kushinya. I guess the food was okay, although my dessert was quite underwhelming for something that cost $7.80. (It was green tea ice-cream and mochi. Serviceable, but not breathtakingly good.) It's funny how easy it is to slip back into conversation with some people, even if you haven't seen them in ages. It feels so grown-up, to sit in a restaurant late into the evening on a weekday. Yeah, a bit random, I know. Now we're even going to see a play again. It's like JC days, except with more disposable income.

No comments: