Saturday, July 17, 2010

Episode 663: Weekend At Last!

Slept till past noon, just like when I'm in the UK. Ah, it was lovely. This was after I stayed up to write a poem that borrows the terminology of quantum physics, hopefully accurately. Now I've just spent the entire evening playing Tap Tap Revenge 3 on my iPhone. I made it all the way to level 10, got a bunch of awards, unlocked a couple of new songs. Fun times, right? Before that, I spent the afternoon filling up Stanza with all the books I could get off Feedbook. God only knows when I'll actually have time to read them all. Then again, a lot of the 'books' are actually short stories. I have, however, been reading another Shearsman publication, Brandi Homan's Hard Reds. Coming after Ian Seed's Anonymous Intruder and Wendy Saloman's Chrysalis In The Desert, the publisher's three out of three for me so far. Watching the pilot for Covert Affairs now, and it's just joined my list of must-watch series for the summer. It is that good. Christopher Gorham is playing a completely different character from the creepy fiancé of Harper's Island, and the show's also got Anne Dudek in the supporting cast. Her turn as Amber on House impressed me very much, so here's hoping she gets some good scenes on this series, even though she's just a supporting actress.

No comments: