Saturday, July 31, 2010

Episode 677: Holidays Finally Started For Real...

How disturbing. I was in Borders today, and it was so difficult to find three books to buy, so that I could use my voucher. I think it was partly because I only wanted to spend money on books that I really wanted, instead of just buying something for the sake of buying it. Ended up getting stuff by Mark Salzman, since I'd been eyeing one of his books for some time anyway, but just kept putting off my purchase. Hung out with Samantha and Tiffanie for some time in Wisma Atria, gossiping over a drink, and then went down to BooksActually because Kenny and Karen are having a 20% sale over the weekend. Shirley was supposed to have met me, but she was too tired in the end. I thought 20% was just too good a discount to pass up on! Bought a couple more volumes of poetry, including Arthur Yap's The Space Of City Trees, which is out-of-print now, so all remaining copies of it are stocked at BooksActually. Did not end up buying the entire series of Singa, simply because that would have required spending far more money than I can actually afford right now, at least until MOE pays me my attachment allowance, which they can't do because I haven't posted the attendance sheet. Haha! I've also finally posted that review of The Road for my editor's approval. The Evolve Journal site does not seem to like my Internet connection, so I've spent the better part of half an hour refreshing, trying to get it to work. Bad times...

No comments: