Friday, April 08, 2011

Episode 928: Minor Changes At Eunoia Review...

Had intended to write a poem today, but all I've got is an interesting premise and a couple of lines. The reason? I spent the afternoon catching up on new episodes of Nikita and The Vampire Diaries, which was totally worth it for the amazing multiple plot twists. Gossip Girl will always be my not-so-secret guilty pleasure (as it should be), but these two are definitely the best (newish) shows on The CW right now. Parenthetical caveat because I haven't watched Smallville or Supernatural, both of which have received praise in the past. Then in the evening, I was dealing with submissions for the journal. I thought it would be a good idea to open things up a little, so I'm now taking submissions for creative non-fiction, the definition of which I haven't bothered to spell out because I wouldn't be able to make a strong case for where to draw the line, other than to say that journalistic stuff is definitely out. I also raised the word count for fiction/creative non-fiction to 15 000, which should be fun for me if anyone ever actually sends a novella in (please don't do it just before my examinations), and the number of poems submitters can send is now doubled to 10. So a couple of hours ago, I scheduled our 250th post, which will also be the first creative non-fiction piece on the site! On a personal note, I've also had a piece accepted myself by Dr. Hurley's Snake-Oil Cure, a flash fiction from first year that Maureen Freely thought didn't end too well. I kind of disagreed because I thought the ending was appropriately creepy, so I'm glad someone's taken it. No word as yet on when it'll appear, but I'll post a link to the site when it does.

No comments: