Monday, April 25, 2011

Episode 945: Hating This Essay...

Technically, taking into account the +/- 10% provision for word counts, I've finished a third of my PWP essay. I worry that I'm running out of things to say, partly because I am consciously trying to avoid explication of the poetry and deliberately concentrating on questions of purpose instead. I've pretty much exhausted the whole vein of what it means to write Christian poetry, I think, short of starting on a sweeping analysis of the history of English poetry or doing close analyses of poems that other people wrote and somehow trying to make that relevant to what I've written. I'm hoping that once I start talking about the whole sibling rivalry thing, I'll get a lot of mileage out of that. Otherwise, I have no idea what else I can talk about anymore. This may change, of course, after I've been to the Library tomorrow, before or after the DR@W experiment I'm doing. In fact, I'm counting on it. I've worked out the general idea of the next couple of pages, but even that will probably only double the current length of the essay, unless I can find something really compelling tomorrow that will expand the ideas I've got into something more substantial.

No comments: