Thursday, April 14, 2011

Episode 934: Halfway (And A Bit)!

Am done with Season 1 of 90210, which has abysmal consistency of characterisation, although reportedly it gets better. One can live in hope. It's still not quite as compelling as Gossip Girl though. Definitely won't be caught up by the time the new Season 3 episode airs, not even if I swear off doing any work until Tuesday. In other, equally insignificant news, I've also managed to complete a second pantoum, though technically this trio of poems consists of pantoums sandwiched by an extra duplicated line. (Yes, I'm a bit obsessed with the 30 poems of 30 lines thing. What can I say? I like structure and patterns.) So at 16 poems, my PWP is finally now more than half-done. I'm trying to lay down a couple of lines for the next poem, but might just pack it in and read more of The Passage. The further I get through Justin Cronin's novel, the less I'm convinced that the film adaptation is going to do it justice. Seriously. There's just too much to cram into the standard length of a summer blockbuster, and it's just going to be too much hype that can't be delivered on. Mark my words. Now if it were turned into a TV series, or even just a miniseries, that would be a different story. Also, the story I sent to Dr. Hurley's Snake-Oil Cure is up, and you can find it here. As far as having a personal style goes, I think this is actually fairly representative of mine.

No comments: