Sunday, October 09, 2011

Episode 1112: Competitions?

Am thinking of submitting my PWP, or some version of it anyway, for The Poetry Business competition. Closing date is 1 December for online entries. The PWP in its full length is too long for the competition, which asks for 20-24 pages of poetry, so I'm going to have to drop the comparatively weaker poems in the sequence. There are a couple of other pamphlet competitions with deadlines in November that I'm thinking of entering, so it's a question of whether I have enough poems that can also be put together in a sensible fashion. Entering competitions is one of the things I told myself I'd do this year because I've been told before that it's what I should be looking into doing at this stage. It's my last year in the UK, so what the heck, I might as well give it a go, right? I do wish the people behind the Oxfam anthology would get back to me about my poems though, as there are a couple in the ones I sent them that would be great to build pamphlet-length sequences around. Mostly I just want to know if I've been accepted or rejected, since Google indicates some acceptances have already been issued.

No comments: