Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Episode 1114: Damn You, Facebook

So the update to the Facebook iPhone app crashed my iPhone, and I had to do a restore. A fix has supposedly been released, but when I try to download it, I just get an app that perpetually needs to be updated, so I'm guessing something about it is still broken. Fortunately, although I couldn't get my iPhone out of the white Apple logo of death loop, iTunes could still read data off it, so I backed it up. Now I'm slowly reinstalling applications. It's going to take a while because I had more than 600 games the last time I checked, but I'm thinking maybe this is a good opportunity to do some radical pruning. If I'm totally honest, the number of games I regularly play is somewhere in the region of a dozen, 20 at most. Anyway, if I ever change my mind, I can always download the applications again at no cost, since the App Store now contains a record of all purchased applications. Mostly I'm just glad all my data seems like it can be restored, once the corresponding application has been reinstalled. Part of me is still really pissed off at Facebook though, as Mark Zuckerberg and company seem determined to constantly tweak something that isn't even broken. This fiasco is simply the severest instance of this mania that I've encountered to date, that's all.

No comments: