Friday, October 14, 2011

Episode 1117: So Much Love For Community Right Now...

Stayed up last night to finish my story, and it ended up being quite different from the idea I originally had. What I had in mind was sort of riffing on Kazuo Ishiguro's Never Let Me Go. What I ended up with doesn't really remind me of anything specific that I've read, although I'm hoping it's the sort of story that can be read by both younger and older readers. Was almost late for my morning seminar because I went to bed late (man, I'm really getting old!), and I think I'm pretty set on switching to auditing for EN978 now. EN974 continues to blow my mind, largely because Thomas Docherty is great at breaking concepts down so I know what the heck is going on, even though the module is about stuff that I usually don't read/think about. The dissertation workshop today was pretty helpful too, and I've a good idea of how to rewrite my proposal over the weekend. Shouldn't take too long, I think. Anyway, for those who've seen it, how brilliant was the new episode of Community? Alternate timelines and Evil Troy and Evil Abed? I hope those two make a reappearance somewhere further on in this season. I mean, Community is zany enough that it could work, and the show even set up the invasion premise in two episodes ago with the two Model UNs! That's exactly the sort of not-so-subtle cue that this show would put out there.

No comments: