Saturday, October 01, 2011

Episode 1104: Wow, That Was A Horrible Flight

Watched four movies during the flight, and the first three were pretty terrible. First I saw Monte Carlo, which was a real stinker, despite a cast that should have been a hit. Come on, Katie Cassidy, Selena Gomez, Leighton Meester and Cory Monteith? It's like a casting director plucked names off a TV schedule. The movie was just plain bad though. It wasn't even funny, which is saying a lot, given that films involving cases of mistaken identity usually don't have to try too hard to get laughs. Disappointing! Then I watched Something Borrowed. Even since Colin Egglesfield got axed from the now-cancelled Melrose Place reboot, I've been wondering what his next acting gig would be. Unfortunately, this romantic comedy is stunningly underwhelming. It's based on a book, so now I'm wondering if the book is just as bad, or is the film just not very faithful to it, considering the bizarrely compressed-but-full-of-twists ending. Next I found myself shaking my head at the cheesy CGI in The Storm Warriors. Okay, so the point of the film probably is for Ekin Cheng and Aaron Kwok to look broody amidst a lot of ludicrous special effects, but goodness, could the plot be any thinner? Not even going to rehash it here. Last movie was Green Lantern, which I'd wanted to watch when it was in the cinemas, but now I'm glad I didn't. It was obviously nothing more than a vehicle to showcase Ryan Reynolds's body and offer Blake Lively a step up the film rung. Sadly, the movie actually just confirms that she can't really act. This movie was obviously gunning for a sequel, but apparently it was a box office dud, so those plans may be scuppered. All in all, a boring flight then, and this is not even considering the fact that I spent the last two hours or so of it in misery, possibly from something I ate. Props to the air stewardess though, for being concerned when I told her during the breakfast service that I wasn't feeling well.

No comments: