Sunday, March 01, 2009

Episode 160: Wing Wah & Wayne

What I really like about going to church here in the UK is how I keep discovering all these songs I'd never have heard back home, simply because there isn't that culture of introducing contemporary songs. Some of the songs I'm discovering here aren't even that new, but you can bet almost nobody back home has heard of them before. Latest discovery is Martyn Layzell. Am now stuck perusing the McGann reading after getting back from Wayne's birthday buffet at Wing Wah. I'm seriously not cut out for the whole massive eating thing, although that's partly because I actually had lunch at The Sovereign and snacked in the middle of the afternoon too, while watching the latest episode of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. This show's trying to become too cerebral for its own good, which is a bad sign for a franchise that gains most of its impact from lots of machine-on-man violence. Plus Cameron's behaviour is just getting more and more bizarre! Can we say imminent cancellation, yeah? I called it first should that actually happen.

No comments: