Sunday, March 15, 2009

Episode 174: Gobstopper-ed

As I begin typing this, I am sucking on one of the huge gobstoppers I bought yesterday at Selfridges. It's at least 3 cm across, but because I have a big mouth, I can still shove the sweet to the side to talk to people, if there were people in my room to talk to. I'm quite sure the Science Centre back home used to sell these, but I could be wrong about that. Randomly, a big mouth is also useful for things like wisdom teeth, which I have never had to extract despite the army dentist's blithe suggestion that I have all four of them extracted when they weren't causing me any problems at all. I purchased a three-day premium RapidShare membership last night, and 100 GB of additional download traffic. The servers were down for about an hour earlier, which kind of annoyed me, but everything's back to normal now. On the musical side of things, I have been listening to Måns Zelmerlöw's debut album a fair bit, and I really like 'Cara Mia' and 'Brother Oh Brother', which are now officially on my list of great pop songs. The videos're quite dumb, but the songs themselves sit very comfortably between pop and electronic territory, just the way I like my music. Now I'm going to tear myself away from the laptop to read Wai-chew Sim's Globalization And Dislocation In The Novels Of Kazuo Ishiguro, which I hope to return to the Library by Wednesday at the latest. Have also found another book that may be useful for The Warwick Review essay, so I've got to get that too. Monday beckons, and so does all my work...

No comments: