Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Episode 190: NWA Day 2

Just came back from seeing The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas. Already knew the plot, so this time I was concentrating on other stuff like the soundtrack. That is pretty incredible, in case you're wondering, especially the first sequence when Bruno goes through the woods between his house and the concentration camp. It was just arpeggiated piano chords and strings, but it was wonderfully emotive stuff. New Word Alive has been great so far, although the single beds in the caravan are insanely narrow, while the quilts are still normal-sized, so I keep waking up to find that the quilt's slipped off. I didn't actually attend anything today other than the morning reading, evening celebration and one seminar I hadn't intended to go to but sort of drifted into with my friends. I was going to go to one on medical ethics, but didn't because I ended up at the beach with most of the other guys from my caravan. The weather in the afternoon was brilliant, completely nothing like back on campus, which is somewhat of an irony. Wish I'd brought my camera to the beach though, love taking shots of the water. I think I kind of miss being at the beach now. Anyone want to accompany me to East Coast Park when I get back to Singapore in a couple of months?

No comments: