Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Episode 163: The Vagina Monologues

Had already decided I wasn't going to see The Vagina Monologues today because I had to pick Eugene up from Cannon Park Shopping Centre, but he got caught in traffic and missed his coach, so I ended up going to the performance with Mel. Can't say I regretted it because it was really enjoyable, and no, before you ask, it wasn't uncomfortable being a man in the audience. I thought the cast as a whole was good, just thought one of the monologues could have been delivered with more conviction because I felt the actress was rushing through her lines a little. Mel said she preferred the version she saw when she was in Cambridge, but I've never seen The Vagina Monologues performed before anyway, so I'm just glad I've finally seen it at least once. After that, we did a bit of shopping at Tesco, picked Eugene up from the bus stop, and then Mel made this lovely risotto for dinner. I've more or less decided that over summer, I'm going to get some cooking practice at home, where my mum will be on hand to help clear up any disasters and the rest of the family will be there to eat up whatever I make, however horrible it tastes. Haha! Eugene had brought rum butter with him, so we had that with pears because I forgot about looking for apple pie at Tesco. We've spent most of the night just catching up on gossip really. That's been good fun! If only, I didn't have a lecture tomorrow morning...

No comments: