Monday, May 04, 2009

Episode 224: 4000 (Sort Of) Down, 6000 To Go

Had a short training session for Hot Chocolate, followed by lunch in The Dirty Duck with the rest of the CU people. So it was about 3 pm by the time I got back to my room and actually started doing work. The poem about islands hasn't materialised, but it's partly because I haven't been trying hard enough to write it, so I'll give it one last try tomorrow, between my only lecture and cell. If nothing comes to mind at all during those hours, I'm putting the idea aside, as I already have about 4000 words for my portfolio. Nope, it's not because I wrote the locksmith story, which has already been filed away under the category of interesting-but-unwritten. It's thanks to another piece that was actually a class assignment, which I've edited from a third-person narrative into a first-person monologue, which I'm sort of hooked on at the moment. Am going to try and write a snappy one for the portfolio, just so that I can end with the words, 'My name's Elizabeth. Countess Elizabeth. But you can call me Lizzie.' Yeah, I'm writing about Countess Elizabeth Báthory, prolific female serial killer and rumoured to have bathed in the blood of young women in order to maintain her youth. It's the rumour that I'm going to use as a springboard for my little flash fiction. It's going to be delicious.

No comments: