Monday, May 25, 2009

Episode 245: Saving The Earth, One Plastic Bag At A Time

Woke up and have been alternating between revision and procrastination ever since, including an hour-long Skype conversation with my parents in which we discussed, among other things, whether the Nokia N97 or N86 8MP is a wiser choice for my mobile upgrade. I'm leaning toward the former for now, mainly because it looks sleeker. That and I don't actually need an 8-megapixel camera in my handphone, not when I already have a proper digital camera. Anyway, it's occurred to me that I've never blogged about the time when I tried to help save the Earth by buying a 'green' bag. It was the day of the failed picnic. I was buying some snacks and drinks in Costcutter, and not wanting to stuff everything into my Crumpler bag, I decided to get one of those 'green' bags Costcutter has taken to selling. I'm mostly sceptical about their actual effectiveness in saving the environment, but that's not the point of this story. As you may or may not know, there is a sort of lifetime guarantee on the bags. If they break, you can bring them back to be replaced. Well, guess what? The bag I picked, and into which I was happily loading my purchases, turned out to be broken. Irony 1, Environment 0.

No comments: