Saturday, May 09, 2009

Episode 229: Waxing Philosophical

Spent most of the day trying to make headway on my Heart Of Darkness essay. It's not going so well, but at least I'm almost halfway through, although I doubt the essay is going to be as fantastic as I want it to be. So I can't believe I just spent three hours engaged in a philosophical discussion on a matter that is of absolutely no personal relevance! I must say that it was quite intellectually satisfying though, at least when compared to getting on with my Super Monday deadlines. Also found out that Conrad can't make it for the play and Emily might not either, so have been trying to find people to take their tickets. Managed to get Owen to take one, since he wanted to see it, but I didn't know him at the time when we bought the tickets, much less know he wanted to watch it too. Anyway, I think I've pretty much done as much of the essay that I can for tonight. I could force myself to carry on, and I might finish before it's time to walk to Cannon Park Shopping Centre, but it just doesn't seem worth it. Will probably regret not working harder and earlier the same time tomorrow night, but it's about 3 am and I have to be up in just over five hours to catch a coach to London to wait for Mr Godot. Can't be helped. Nothing to be done. I guess I really will have to pull an all-nighter again when we get back from London...

No comments: