Sunday, May 31, 2009

Episode 251: Sun-kissed Me

Gorgeous weather again today. Wound up on the grass after church, having lunch with church friends, and then doing a bit of revision inside and outside the Learning Grid. That place is insanely stuffy! I think I did get a slight tan today from being in the sun, which is great. Need to work on getting darker when I'm back in Singapore, even if it involves something as banal as swimming everyday. That would also have the fringe benefit of bleaching my hair, so I might not have to dye it when I get back. I've finished re-reading Waiting For Godot, and I don't know if it was just the weather or something else, but it was such an excruciating experience. I've decided this play is nice to see/write about, but a real pain to read. I think that is pretty much my feeling towards the Beckett canon in general! Have begun reading Elizabeth Bishop's poems, which I'm really enjoying, so she's definitely won a place in my list of poets that I'm jealous of. At the moment, I'm trying to decide between going to bed and staying up all night to read The Dark Fields by Alan Glynn. Found it in that pile of books near the entrance to University House. I've never picked up a BookCrossing book before, although I've heard of the site and think that the concept is fantastic, if somewhat gimmicky. I wonder if I should do something really crazy, like bring the book back to Singapore and release it there? That is the point, right, to help the books to travel?

No comments: