Friday, June 11, 2010

Episode 627: My Shabby Eating Habits

Slow but steady progress. Have re-read the Wordsworth poems, and they are tolerable. I am just not a particular fan of the 'first-generation' Romantics. Duncan Wu doesn't help, with his glossing that I sometimes find downright insulting to my intelligence. Granted, maybe not everyone would know the meaning of 'fructifying' or 'liveries', so I really ought to be more forgiving. Whatever. Have been playing Fractal to procrastinate, but I can't get past this set of levels and it's starting to get frustrating. Incidentally, I haven't eaten anything substantial for the past 48 hours. Since yesterday, here's all I've had: one bag of Sensations crisps, about a dozen pieces of After Eight, one bag of Doritos, a quarter of a carton of Innocent smoothie, a fifth of a pint of Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie. Am about to consume a tube of Pringles while soldiering on through the Romanticism anthology, but that's about it. May consider venturing onto campus tomorrow for solid food. I do have stuff in the freezer, but I haven't been out of the house for two days and it's starting to get on my nerves a little. Thankfully, have plans to be out for at least two days of next week. Not the best idea with papers looming, but hey, we can all afford to live more dangerously, right? Oh yeah, remember that mysterious bundle of Topman bling that showed up a while ago? I've figured out where I got it. I Googled my name (admit it, you've done it as well) and realised that I'd actually won a competition, which I'd completely forgotten I'd entered. You know, one of those click-to-participate, no effort required at all. So there we go. Mystery solved!

1 comment:

samantha said...

HAHA you've solved the mystery of the topshop bling!